The name that appears on the Fundraising Thermometer Donor Wall when someone texts in a pledge does not wrap to a second line in vertical mode. So if you are concerned about supporters with longer names, these numbers may help determine the design of your Thermometer page. Generally speaking you are looking at a standard of 20 characters for the most common instances.
- 20 Characters: Without making any changes to the default thermometer settings, the functional length of a name is 20 characters. You can squeeze 22 characters on the thermometer page, but it will start to look like it is falling off the side of the page. This is with the Modern Theme and a Vertical Scroll.
- 25 Characters for Classic theme: The Classic theme can fit a maximum of 25 characters before the letters fall off the side of the screen. But you do lose the Modern Theme's extras like Goals and Recognitions.
- 58 characters with Horizontal Scroll: While the Horizontal Scroll does not cut off the name and is essentially infinitely long, only 58 characters fit on the page at one time.
- 55 Characters on Text Layout Recognitions: The Recognitions animations with the Modern theme will wrap text at the spaces, so you can have multiple lines in the Recognitions. A single line when using the Text layout will fit a maximum of 55 characters without spaces.
- 37 Characters on Image or Video Layout Recognitions: The Recognitions animations with the Modern theme will wrap text at the spaces, so you can have multiple lines in the Recognitions. A single line when using the Text layout will fit a maximum of 37 characters without spaces.
Note that only 6 lines of text fit on the Recognition page, so if the names are the maximum width, then only four lines are available for the name (the other two are used for saying Thank You and including the Title text).