This is the first step to setting up a Merchant Account for your MobileCause account. For more information on the entire process, review this page.
This step requires you to complete the initial application so MobileCause can prepare your account to be accepted by our partner, CardConnect.
To complete this form:
- You will need to have a voided check or bank letter ready to submit at the end of the application. Click here to learn more.
- You cannot use a P.O. Box for the address.
- Your website must be live.
- The contact name and email that you put on the form must be the person who will digitally sign the application. The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) has implemented a new rule via the Bank Secrecy Act which dictates only an executive officer or manager (e.g. CEO, CFO, COO, managing director, general partner, president, etc.) or any individual who regularly performs similar functions, must be identified (by Social Security Number) and must sign the merchant account application
- Make sure to read the left hand column as it provides the most up to date information needed to complete a successful application.
- Incorrect information will delay the application process.
- No matter the size of your organization, this process sets you up as a "merchant," meaning you will be able to process credit/debit card transactions through our partner, CardConnect.
- On the first page, you will need to provide your contact information. as an applicant for a Merchant account.
While the name put on this form does not need to be an officer of the organization, the person listed on this form MUST be the person to SIGN/INITIAL the digital agreement (Step 2 in the application process), once approved.
The second page of the form is about your organization.
Again, this information allows MobileCause to prepare the account with CardConnect, so this information is needed for them to approve your organization.
- Upload Voided Check or Bank Letter
- You will need an image or scan of a Voided Check or a Bank Letter with the Account and Routing numbers clearly visible AND the organization info printed somewhere on the check.
- If you have questions and for more detailed information on the Check/Letter, click here.
- Organization Name
- This may be the same as your Legal Name (next item), or what you are known as. For example your Organization Name may be "The Good Cause" where your Legal Name may be something like "The Good Cause of Greater El Monte, Incorporated."
- Legal Organization Name (IRS Name)
- This is the full name of your organization associated with your EIN (Employer Identification Number) that is filed with the IRS.
- EIN (Tax I.D.)
- Your merchant account provider needs information on the monthly volume and average transactions in order to properly set up risk parameters on the account, and to have an idea of what kind of volume the account will be processing.
- These fields should be a dollar amount, and they are concerned with those amounts as they pertain to your organization as a whole, not necessarily what has been raised just with your MobileCause account.
- Monthly Volume is in regards to the average total dollar amount your organization collects in credit card donations per month.
- Average Individual Donation Size is in regards to the estimated average size of an individual credit card donation.
- If you aren't sure what those exact figures would be for your organization, it is perfectly fine to submit a rough estimate, and that number can always be changed later on if needed.
- Physical Street Address
The third page of the form is just for you to acknowledge that the form has been submitted and that you will now need to wait for the application to be processed.
After the application form and voided check/bank letter have been received and processed by CardConnect, a digital signature request form will be sent to you via email.
This will be sent to the email address listed as the contact on the application form. This email will come from CardConnect. The email must be for the contact listed in the application.
For detailed assistance for completing the Digital Signature step, click here.