You're planning a virtual event, a Day of Giving or some other situation where you will livestream the occasion, or you just want to include a great video to your Event Page, live or recorded.
By adding a new section to your Event Page, you can embed YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook videos, including their livestream options simply by adding the public link.
Go to your Event Page. If you haven't created your Event Page yet, make sure you read through the Event page material, here.
Click the Add Section button in the upper right of your Event Page designer and choose Custom.
You will need to name the section, and then you can initially place it in the order you desire. If you want to more it to a different part of the page, you can do so later as described here.
Once saved, you will have an empty section that you can now add the video.
- Hide or Edit the Title, since it starts with "Title goes here."
- Click on Add Element to add a new item to the Section
- To add the video, choose Video.
- Give the element a Reporting Label. This is not shown on the Event Page.
- Paste in a YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook normal link into the Video Link section
- Click Save
- You may want to add additional elements to let supporters know when you will be live, a Donate button, etc.
As a rule, if you can share the link and it will go to the main YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook site and start playing your video (including the sidebars, other videos or posts, etc.) then you have the correct link.
You can use shortened links from the parent sites, though, such as https://youtu.be/G0IBqtO1K28
Your video section is now ready for your Event Page.
For design, you may want to hide the section or the video element within the section until you near when you go live, or have a different video there as desired to make the most of your Event Page.