When you You will be taken to the Activity creation page known as the Setup Keyword page.
- Either type in a new Keyword, or select an existing one to reset and start from scratch.
- For more information about reusing, moving or reassigning a keyword, click here.
Example: If you create the "root" keyword of CFEXAMPLE, then if you had eighty six volunteer fundraisers then each of their unique keywords - to go directly to their own personalized pages - will be something like CFEXAMPLE1 to CFEXAMPLE86.
- Select a Campaign.
- If you create your activity from the Campaign Tile or within the campaign, it automatically selects the campaign for you.
- If you want to create a new campaign for this activity, cancel out of creating the activity and create the campaign first. For more information on creating a campaign, click here.
- "Choose" a Shortcode (71777). The shortcode of your keyword is the phone number that the donor will text your keyword to.
- Crowdfunding and Peer-to-Peer Fundraising exclusively uses the 71777 shortcode so there really isn't a choice here. The reason for this unique shortcode is for the technology behind the keyword and how the "root" keyword and all of the incremented keywords direct supporters to the correct team or fundraiser page within the activity.
- If you want to disable the Fundraising goal and hide it and the progress bar from the main campaign, fundraiser, and team pages click the slider bar next to Enable so it reads Disable.
- Disable the fundraising goal when you are running a campaign where the number of donors act as votes to determine a “winner” (Dancing with the Stars, Best Chef, Favorite Bartender, etc.).
- This feature should also be used when the primary campaign goal is participation, not amount raised.
- Select a Goal Type. You have the option of Dollars or Units.
- Units refers to counting anything other than dollars, such as how many blankets you wish to raise, or socks or books, etc. Units is only a little more complex than using dollars, but does require some jumping around to get it set up, so it is still a more advanced Crowdfunding and Peer-to-Peer Fundraising design. For more information on Units, click here.
- Set your Fundraising Goal, or the amount you want to have raised by the end date of your campaign.
- Click Save to create your activity.
Once you've successfully created your keyword, the system will assign the keyword and make it live. Then it will will redirect you to the Fundraiser Dashboard. The Dashboard is where you will likely want to be during your campaign as it will show you your list of volunteer fundraisers and their details in a table view.