Matching programs make donors feel great about the value they're offering nonprofits. These programs also enable organizations to donate funds in a meaningful way and provide excellent funding. MobileCause and Amply make the process to find and activate that corporate matching very easy for both the organization and the donor.
Amply helps nonprofits double the impact of contributions by streamlining the gift match process, saving valuable time for you and your donors. While thousands of companies have a matching gifts program, many of employees’ gifts go unmatched because the employee is unfamiliar with the policy. With Amply, Nonprofits can increase donation revenues by upward of 20%.
For more information about Amply, visit their FAQ page at https://giveamply.com/faq
Corporate Donation Matching Setup (Video)
Watch this video for an overview of the setup process for Corporate Donation Matching, then review the content in more detail below, including the video overview from Amply.
Initializing Corporate Donation Matching
To enable Corporate Donation Matching, you need to connect your MobileCause account to your Amply account. If you do not have an Amply account, this process will also take you through creating the free account.
- As an Administrator of your MobileCause account, go into your account Settings.
- Select the Integrations category on the left and open the Corporate Donation Matching section.
- Click on Connect across from Amply.
- Review the information provided on the page, then click Setup Amply.
- The next screen will allow you to review what information about your account will be sent to Amply. You can quit out of the setup process and go make any changes before continuing.
- Logo: Set in the Account section of Shared Settings
- Brand Color: Set in the Account section of Shared Settings
- Organization Name: Set in the Organization Settings
- Website: Set in the Organization Settings
- EIN: Set in the Organization Settings
- (Your) Name/Username: Set in the Users Settings
- Your email address: Set in the Users Settings
- Your Phone Number and Address: Initially set in the Remittance Settings
- These can be edited on this setup page by clicking on the pencil by the appropriate item.
- , Make sure to read the Terms & Conditions at the bottom and when you're done, put the check in the "I acknowledge..." checkbox.
- If everything looks good, click Continue in the upper right of the window.
It should now indicate that your Amply account is ready. Click I'm Done to continue.
Disconnecting from Amply
If you go back into Settings > Integrations > Corporate Donation Matching, instead of the Connect link, you will see the Trashcan icon. If you ever wish to stop using Amply completely, you can click on the Trashcan to disconnect from Amply.
Setting Up Your Amply Account
When you connect your MobileCause account to Amply, an email will be sent to you with a link that you can follow to continue setting up the Amply side of the connection. It will ask you for your email and to create a password.
When you have entered the information click Set New Password to continue.
To start successfully collecting matched donations, you will need to finish the Amply Onboarding process which includes providing information about your organization, Charity categories that apply to your organization and Billing Information.
Below is an example of what you can see in your Ampluy account to process the corporate matching donations.
Using Amply (Video)
This video provides an overview of how your Amply account functions, presented by Amply. For more detailed information, make sure to schedule a session with the Amply team.
Adding Matching Gifts to Donation Forms
Once you've connected your MobileCause account to Amply and completed your Amply onboarding profile, you are ready to start taking matching donations. The function is automatically added to your Donation forms immediately after Suggested Amounts.
There is really nothing else that needs to be done to start taking advantage of this feature. The information below is included only if you want to reword the messages, etc.
Changing Matching Gift Settings
If you decide not to use Matching Donations on one specific form, you can just turn the Show/Hide switch on the Match Donation Checkbox to Hide.
If you wish to change the wording of the Checkbox, you can click on the edit icon and change the Display Label, which is what will appear on the form itself.
By default, the status is left Unchecked.
When your donor checks the box to get their company to match their donation, you can change what appears on the line asking them to type in their company name.
The entry for the Compay Name is hidden by default using a Dynamic Action. For more on Dynamic actions, click here. Maybe you would like to include more when they check the Match Donation box, such as a picture or video or something else. If so, add that item or items using Add Form Elements, then include them in the Dynamic Actions for the Match Donation checkbox.
In case you make a mistake, here is the default setting for this dynamic action:
And now your ability to get companies to match your donors' donations is ready to go!