From the Navigation Menu, click Engagement and select Volunteer Signup.
If you already have Volunteer Sign Up forms, you can click Create New to get started. If this is your first Volunteer Signup form, it will take you into the creation process directly.
Setup your Activity
- Name your form
- Add a Keyword to your form
- Select a Campaign
- Choose what Shortcode you would like to use.
- The shortcode of your keyword is the phone number that the supporter will text your keyword to. We give you two options to choose from since all MobileCause customers share the same two shortcodes, keyword possiblilties can be limited. This allows there to be two of the same keyword to exist, just on seperate shortcodes.
- Link for 'next' button after donation is made is where you would include a link for a volunteer to be redirected to once they have submitter their information to volunteer.
- Great links to include here might be a quick thank you video or simply link back to your website to learn more.
- On the thank you page, you also have the ability to change your Custom Message for Thank You page.
- This is the message included right above the Next button, so it would be helpful to include a call to action here about clicking the Next button.
- Enable Email Notification on Donation is where you will choose to enable or disable the ability for your MobileCause users to receive email notifications when a volunteer signs up.
- You can then select the users you wish to receive the emails in the Select one or more notification recipients table.
Setup your Online Form (Volunteer Form)Select what information you collect and how the general volunteer experience will feel. As you edit the volunteer form, you will see a mobile preview of the changes you make to the right of the accordion dropdown.
Logo and BrandingUpload a Logo - Here you will upload your organization's logo for the header of your donation form. We recommend that your logo is 600x200px in dimensions for best formatting. You may choose to either show or hide the logo all together using the dropdown to the right.
Background Image - This is where you will upload the image you wish to be displayed in the background of your mobile donation form. We recommend that the image be 1920x1080px for best formatting. You also have three choices in which to change the alignment of the background image:
Center - Takes one image and stretches it to fit the size of the screen.
- Tile - Tiles the image multiple times both vertically and horizontally.
- Tile Horizontally - Tiles the image only horizontally.
Button Color - The color of the submit button at the bottom of your form. It can be entered either as a hexadecimal code or by clicking on the color square and picking the color of your choice using the wheel.
Background Color - The color of the background of your donation form if you choose not to upload a background image.
Contact InformationSection Heading - This is where you can change the wording of the section header that is displayed above the corresponding section on your form.
Contact Information Fields - Here you can independently hide or show certain personal information fields. As a best practice, we recommend hiding as many fields as possible to shorten the donation process and increase completed forms. It is highly recommended to both leave the Mobile Number and Email as well as make them required.
Footer MessageCustom Message is a great place to add any text or organization info you may want to include from a mission statement to a terms of service. You may choose to either show or hide the custom message all together using the switch to the right.
Form SubmitSection Heading - This is where you can change the wording of the section header that is displayed above the corresponding section on your donation form. If you leave it blank, the Submit button will not be separated from the rest of the form
Button Text - This is where you change the text on the final submit button. You could change it to "Volunteer" or anything as long as it is under 14 characters.
Enable Re-Captcha - If enabled, a box will appear on the form requiring the volunteer to prove that "I am not a robot" by clicking the box.
Confirm before submitting - If enabled, when a volunteer clicks the Submit button at the bottom of the form, a popup will come up asking them to confirm their submission.
Manage Sections and Add Custom Fields to Collect Extra Information
When designing your Volunteer Signup form, you may desire to collect extra information that isn't one of the default contact fields included on all your forms. In this situation, you can create any amount of Custom Fields & Sections to collect the necessary information. Click here to to learn more on to how to create these custom fields and use them effectively.